Using The Farebox & Passes
CASH FARE: PAY AND RIDE
Once onboard the bus, deposit your cash fare in the farebox, one dollar or one coin at a time. The Operators do not make change and there are no refunds. Please have exact change ready before boarding the bus.
USING THE PASS PURCHASED FROM THE FAREBOX
This next part describes how and when to “SWIPE” a pass and when to “DIP” a pass.
Day Pass: Pay, collect your pass and ride – “SWIPE” all other rides that day.
Transfer: Pay upon boarding, collect your transfer and ride – “SWIPE” other rides in a 2 hour period.
USING THE PASS PURCHASED FROM PASS OUTLET OR SUNLINE
31-Day Pass: “DIP” for the first ride – “SWIPE” all other rides during 31 consecutive days.
10-Ride Pass: “DIP” for each 10 rides.
Day Pass: “DIP” for the first ride – “SWIPE” all other rides that day.
- Drop coins in the coin slot one at a time to avoid jamming the fareboxes.
- The farebox will beep when a cash fare or a pass is accepted.
- The farebox will say “coin not accepted” if a coin inserted was not accepted.
- If you hear a WARBLE sound, it means the farebox was unable to read a dollar bill that was inserted in the dollar bill slot. If the farebox WARBLES again, it means you must insert a different dollar bill.
- If a pass or transfer has expired, the farebox will say “card not valid” or “transfer not valid”.
- A Day Pass bought from the farebox is already activated and does not need to be dipped into the farebox. It must be swiped for each ride that day.
- A Day Pass or 31-Day Pass purchased from a Pass Outlet or SunLine must be dipped in the farebox to activate then swiped for each use.
- A 10-Ride Pass must be dipped in the farebox each time it is used. After the tenth (10th) ride, the pass will no longer be valid and will not be accepted. Purchase a 25¢ transfer when boarding if more than one route is needed to complete the trip.
- Always take care of your passes and transfers. Remember, do not wet, wrinkle, crinkle, fold, laminate, write on, tear or expose them to the sun as the farebox will not accept them. If pass or transfer is not accepted, a cash fare must be paid to ride the bus.