Rules and Guidelines
To ensure the safety of all passengers, SunLine Transit Agency reserves the right to remove and/or deny service to any passenger who poses a threat to the safety of themselves or others.
- Provide I.D. when asked by the operator.
- Operators are not allowed to give free rides.
- Do not attempt to board the bus at places other than a bus stop.
- Fold-up seats and seats directly behind the operator are intended for seniors and passengers with disabilities. Be prepared to move at the operator's request.
- Stand clear while the operator deploys or stows the wheelchair ramp/lift.
- Be patient while operator secures wheelchairs.
- No smoking or eating.
- Non-alcoholic beverages in sports bottles or other securely closed containers ONLY.
- Shoes and shirts must be worn.
- No changing of clothes or diapers.
- Keep your feet off the seats.
- Bus may not transport more bikes than rack capacity.
- Do not talk to the operator when the bus is in motion.
- Remain seated when bus is in motion.
- No standing forward of the yellow line while bus is in motion.
- Hold infants/small children on your lap.
- Small pets (except service animals) must be secured in cages designed for carrying animals on public transportation.
- Passengers may bring up to 3 medium-sized packages or grocery bags.
- Passengers must be able to lift and carry their own packages without assistance from the operator.
- All carry-on items must be kept out of the aisles.
- Strollers and shopping carts must be folded and kept out of the aisles.
- No bags containing recyclable bottles or cans.
- No hazardous items.
- No alcohol, drugs, or weapons of any kind.
- No graffiti or abuse of seats or windows.
- No abusive or obscene language or actions.
- No panhandling and soliciting.
- No harassing or intimidating other passengers.
- No loud music.
- Please exit through the rear door.
- Let bus depart before crossing street.
Surveillance equipment on SunBus is used for your protection and
for the prosecution of crimes against SunLine Transit Agency.
Report vandalism & other crimes: 1-800-347-8628